Havering Citizens Advice Bureau
The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, impartial, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policy makers. Every Citizens Advice Bureau is a registered charity reliant on trained volunteers and funds to provide these vital services for local communities.The CAB service aims
- To ensure that individuals do not suffer through lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities or of the service available to them, or through an inability to express their needs effectively and equally
- To exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and service both locally and nationally. The Citizens Advice service is independent, and provides free, confidential and impartial advice to everybody regardless of race, sex, disability, sexuality or nationality.
Social policy is a set of rules and principles which shape the services and benefits that ordinary people rely on. Havering CAB supports the efforts of Citizens Advice to influence the development of social policies and services by:
- Seeing where services are failing
- Identifying the root cause of the problem
- Persuading local policy makers to shape local policies to suit local changing needs